About Elite Dance Company
This division includes our Performance Company, Elite Dance Company, and consists of the most advanced of EDA’s students. Elite Dance Company represents the high artistic standards and technical proficiency that we expect from our Pre-Professional students. The company performs works by master choreographers and EDA faculty throughout the community as well as in their very own winter Dance Concert. Interested dancers must audition in the summer and meet the following guidelines:
- Dancers must be entering into the 5th grade or higher the following dance season.
- Ballet, Modern, and Jazz experience highly recommended, but not required.
- A Ballet, Modern, and Jazz Combination will be taught at the audition.
- Audition Dress Code: black leotard, pink convertible tights, pink ballet shoes, hair in secure bun, no bangs or jewelry.
- Audition fee: $10.00 (CASH ONLY) due on Audition Day.
Company member requirements:
- Enroll in Ballet, Modern, and Jazz classes during the summer and regular dance season
- Attend Elite’s Summer Dance Intensive and Conventions
- Members are highly encouraged to attend Elite’s Choreography Workshop in the summer
- All members are required to attend all scheduled rehearsals throughout the summer as well as weekly and occasional weekend rehearsals during the dance season.
Where you’ve seen us:
- Saint Joe’s Oktoberfest
- Inaside Chicago Youth Summits
- I-355 Grand Opening Celebration
- St. Michael’s Fall Fest
- Goodings Grove Winter Wonderland
- Peace Village
- Bolingbrook Promenade
- Joliet Slammers games
- Dance Chicago
- Joliet Jackhammers games
- Our Mother of Good Counsel
- Lemont High School Liverpalooza
- Creative Arts Showcases in and around Homer Glen